“This classic course has two distinct nines…if you hit it like me, you’ll use all the clubs in your bag and play a lot of different shots from all over.”
~Don Penzine, Renegade League Commissioner
Putnam County Golf Course is one of those rare public golf courses where golfers can enjoy the tradition of excellence established when the course was a private country club. Bent grass tees and greens, rye fairways and a state-of-the art irrigation system are the perfect combination for great playing conditions throughout the season.
Golf Course Etiquette is an all-encompassing term that refers to demeanor, adherence to course maintenance rules, and dress, among other issues.
- Driving Range: “Warm Up Range and Practice Green Available for your pre round warm up. Purchase range balls in pro shop for just $4.
- Pro Shop: Fully stocked golf shop with apparel and equipment.
- Other Amenities: Locker facilities with showers for men and women. Banquet facilities in clubhouse
- Course / Slope Ratings:
- Blue 72.8/128
- White 71.0/125
- Red 73.7/128
- Course Record: Jim Casia - 63
Rules & Regulation
- USGA Rules of Golf govern all play except where modified by local rules.
- Proper golf attire required.
- Each player must have a set of clubs.
- Do not play until players ahead are safely out of range. Be Courteous.
- Replace divots on tees, fairways and in rough. Repair ball marks on Greens.
- No metal spikes permitted.
- STOP SLOW PLAY, please permit faster players to play through when there is a vacant hole ahead of you. Ranger will assist, if required.
- Managed By: appliedgolf
- Course Architect: William F. Mitchell, ASGCA
- Payment Types Accepted: Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard & American Express
- Nearby City: New York
- Airline Airports: Westchester County, Bradley International, JFK, LaGuardia